COOMBE BISSETT AND HOMINGTON RIGHTS OF WAY.
FP Footpath; BW Bridleway; BY Byway; RB Restricted Byway
Path No.: Description of Path: Approximate Length.
1. BY - Old Blandford Turnpike. From the Blandford Road, A354, opposite the Church, leading south-west towards the Downs and along the Stratford Tony Parish boundary in its latter course to rejoin road A.354, 200 yards north-east of milestone ‘Salisbury 5'. 1 3/4 miles
2. FP- From the Blandford Road., A354 at its junction with path No.1 opposite the Church, leading generally west along the south side of the River Ebble to the Stratford Tony Parish boundary towards the Village of Stratford Tony. 1100 yards.
3. BW - From the Stratford Tony Parish boundary on the Roman Road leading north-east past North Down to the northern end of Drove Lane, U/c 12041. 1300 yards.
4. FP - From the Salisbury to Blandford road, A354 on the Britford Parish boundary, opposite the site of the Old Foundry, leading south past Homington House across the River Ebble at Stocks Bridge, along Stocks Bridge Lane to its junction with the Homington Road, C12, opposite the Baptist Chapel and Pennings Drove. 1200 yards.
5. FP - From Stocks Bridge Lane, path No.4, about 60 yards north of the Homington Road, C.12, leading west along the southern side of Shepherds Close to road C12. 140 yards
6. BW and FP Marsh Lane then BW from the Salisbury - Blandford road A354, at the Old Gate House, just north-east of its junction with the Stratford Tony Road, C12, leading east for 200 yards and continuing as a FP east past Homington House Cottage, then south-east and east to Britford path No. l2A north of Homington. 1500 yards.
7. FP From Lower Road Homington u/c. 12039 at Westende or Dairy Farm, Homington, leading north across the meadows to its junction with path No.6 on the Britford Parish boundary. 500 yards
8. BY & BW Shutts Lane. BY from the Homington Road, C. 12, past Village Hall and then BW leading south and south-east past path No. 9 to the road to Pennings Drove, u/c 12040, south of the Allotments. 600 yards
9. BW Gypsy Lane and the Beeches. From path No.8, 150 yards north-west of the road to Pennings Drove u/c 12040; leading south-west to the Beech Grove and then west to the Blandford Road, A. 354. 1000 yards
10. BY Downton Ruts. From the Blandford Road, A.354, on the Stratford Tony Parish boundary, leading south-east across the Rockbourne Road, C. 322, in almost a straight line to Grim’s Ditch on the Hampshire County boundary. 1 mile
11. RB From Downton Ruts, path No. 10, 400 yards south-east of the Rockbourne Road, C.322, leading south-east across path No. 12A to the Hampshire County boundary at Grim’s Ditch. 650 yards
12. BY The Old Whitsbury Road. From the southern end of Pennings Drove u/c 12040 at Tottens Down Barn, at its junction with path No. 13, leading south-west past Pennings Farm to Downton Ruts, path No. 10. 1230 yards
12A. FP From Downton Ruts, path No. 10, leading south -west to the Rockbourne Road, C.322, north of Grims' Ditch. 900 yards.
13. BY From the southern end of Pennings Drove, the road to Totten Down Barn u/c. 1204O at its junction with path No. 12, leading south-south-east to its junction with path No. 14 at Grims Ditch at the north-west corner of Great Yews on the Odstock Parish boundary. 1000 yards
14. FP then BW From the Rockbourne Road, C.322, on the Hampshire County boundary, leading north-east along the County boundary and alongside Grims Ditch, across Downton Ruts, path No. 10, to the north-west corner of Great Yews on the Odstock Parish boundary, where it joins path No. 13. 2¼ miles
15. BY From the southern end of road u/c 12096 at Down Barn leading south-west to path No.13, 200 yards north of Great Yews. 1100 yards
16. BW From Stratford Tony Parish boundary on Little Toyd Down leading south-east across the southern end of the Parish & road C .322 to the Hants. County boundary towards Rockbourne. 330 yards
17. FP in north east corner of the parish, north of the Ebble, connecting the Britford path going east to Odstock 300 yards
18. FP from Blandford Road to Homington Road in Village crossing old bridge over the River Ebble. 80 yards
19. BY From the Rockbourne Road, C. 322, south of Grims Ditch near Grims Lodge Farm, leading south and south south-east to the Hampshire County boundary 500 yards
20. FP north east from the junction of paths Nos. 6 & 7. north of Homington, to the Homington Road to Salisbury. 320 yards
From the definitive list held by the Wiltshire Council last revised February 1994